Sunday, September 2, 2018

September Goal

Well, I went deep into the UFO archives for my September One Monthly Goal and came up with a top that I barely remember making.  I'm pretty sure I meant it to go on our bed, because I changed up the borders to make it a king size quilt. 
The Maize and Blue Quilt is from Laurie Minick's book Modern Primitive Quilts.
The binding and the backing were packed away with the top and all that needs to be done is the quilting. I vaguely remember thinking that the streak of lightning setting would need some awesome feathers, and that's probably why it never got finished (not my forte). I don't know if my feathers will be awesome, but better to be done!
I do remember the backing--a flannel sheet from Target that Mr. Moosebay detested (too hot!), so it makes sense to use it for a quilt backing.
While working up the courage to quilt those feathers, I took some time to put together the latest Patches of Blue quilt-along block, Shining Star. Now I have to work up the courage to tackle those set-in seams for the star background.
Maybe tomorrow! 
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE 

OMG September link-up is OPEN!

8 comments:

  1. Loving those cheddars and dark blues in your UFO--and that shining Star looks beautiful--good luck with all those seams...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the feathers! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's happened to me before too, just barely, vaguely remembering making something that had to have been made by me. I know I'm getting older but sometimes things like this kind of scare me! I'm glad I'm not alone with this. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courage! Love the navy and cheddar together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your maize and blue quilt is going to look amazing with that color combination! Also giant Kudos to you for tackling set in seams - yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fascinating to find quilt tops you have forgotten about. That will be an interesting one to finish.
    Love seeing the Patches of blue star. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of beautiful blues going on here!
    (I thought I was the only one who pulled out quilts of mysterious origins...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in the Lone Star Block - have fun! I am making a quilt called York Lodge - 30 each 10" Lone Star Blocks.... The process is something else! Have fun with the set in seams.

    ReplyDelete