|One of my goals for January was to applique two Cherry Baskets each week for the Quilt A Long with Patchwork Insprirations HERE.|
|I need 18 baskets for the setting I have decided on. I've been tempted to machine applique the cherries and leaves, but my Juki only does a straight stitch and there is no place right now to set up the Bernina.|
Hand applique it is!
|I was asked if it's difficult to sew the diamonds together. It's actually pretty easy! There are four different descending strip sets sewn together plus one single strip (hard to see on the far right).|
|And then cut at that angle to make the basket units. I was able to get about 9 or 10 of these units from each strip set. I used a pretty small stitch length when sewing the strips together because I was worried about them unraveling at this point--lol!|
|Here is one unit from each of the four strip sets plus the single strip (cut the same way as the sets) for the right corner.|
|After sewing the units together, trim off the tops leaving a quarter inch seam allowance from the darker diamond tips. See--- so easy!!!|
|And here is my main One Monthly Goal--On Ringo Lake!|
It was pretty messy outside and since my sewing space is a disaster, I had to do a chair shot. If I remember, I will try to get a flat photo soon..
|I still have to attach the label for On Ringo Lake and then I will relax and do a little Slow Sunday Stitching on the rest of my basket handles today. |
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE and Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Also linking with Quiltville On Ringo Lake link up HERE