Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Not Quite There....

I am still working to finish my July UFO--just three more sides of the binding to stitch down and then attaching the label. This has to get done in the next few days as I leave early Saturday morning on a bus trip to visit the Southwestern section of the the Minnesota Shop Hop. I have a feeling I will be too tired to do a thing on Monday! 
In the meantime, I thought I would share my progress on my "Up North Crazy Mat". 
All of the crazy stitching is complete--just the binding and quilting left to do. 

I added a few plants around the deer to anchor him to the ground and changed to stars to fireflies (yes, that's what they are in case you couldn't tell--lol). 




A little bee fills up an empty spot. 



This area had been bothering me since the beginning. I finally realized that I had put the bobber upside down.
White on top, Karen!
This is particularly embarrassing as the closest town to where I live has a bobber water tower that I have driven by for more than 20 years--eeep! 

I didn't really have a stitch plan--just kind of decided on the fly as I worked my way around the mat. The main thing was to distribute the colors.
 Now to raid the stash for the perfect binding! 

20 comments:

  1. This mat is adorable! I love the stitching and the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have known the bobber was upside down - not much fishing in my history. It's a pretty little mat and the extra touches really add charm to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Up North Crazy Mat is amazing. I love it. Both rustic and pretty at the same time. Love all your crazy stitches; you did a wonderful job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this!!! I'm an up north kind of gal too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely mat--is that a little fox I spy on there? Lovely finish hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such beautiful embroidery work. Glad you got the bobber right side up:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such beautiful embroidery work. Glad you got the bobber right side up:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous all around :) I feed the squirrels here so that little squirrel is my favorite, but the entire piece puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is amazing! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is looking wonderful. So much detail in all your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Up North mat has so many interesting things on it and lovely stitching. My repetoire of embroidery stitches is very limited. I have two books with stitches and pictues how to do them but I never remember from one time to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mat is really fantastic! And your stitching is so perfect - I have total stitch envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mat is just gorgeous! This is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a charming little piece. I love your choice of stitches especially your little fire flies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes it's adorable and I too enjoy seeing all your creative stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really fun piece. Lots of interesting details and shows your creative genius. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's gorgeous! And I love all the little details you've added. Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't have known the bobber was upside down - not much fishing in my history.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete