Thursday, May 25, 2017

May Finish!

My May UFO is finished--all made with scraps as a leader/ender project inspired by Bonnie Hunter. This was my One Monthly Goal for May as well as on my Finish-Along List.

It's quilted with  simple loops using Signature Mother Goose thread. 

The backing was made from a print that I had in my stash and leftover pieces from the borders. Amazingly, I had enough binding scraps in red to go all the way around the quilt and then some!
I'm waiting on attaching the label, as this quilt will be donated. 
I've been keeping up with my Primitive Garden blocks.
I may have posted this one already. The bird houses are the block of the month for the Primitive Garden Facebook group. I'm making pretty good progress on the June block now--the rake. They are so fun to stitch, it's hard to stop!

A few weeks ago, I had picked up this McCalls Quilting magazine. I was attracted to the lovely house quilt on the cover designed by Wendy Sheppard. And now I am the lucky winner of a bundle of the fabrics from Windham used to make the model--I see houses in my future!!


19 comments:

  1. very nice, I love scrappy quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty--love those spools..I am doing a similar block-- my butterflies--a bit at a time..I am such a "snail quilter"
    Your prim piece is lovely...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finish. Such a great scrappy quilt. Your win is fabulous, love those fabrics and who doesn't love a house quilt. I sure wish I had kept up with the sew along. I guess it's not to late to jump back in is it lol. Happy Memorial Day Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finished quilt! I love it. I'm working on a spool quilt too. I'm not close to being done, but I'm loving the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrappies are my favourite and yours is no exception. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finish..... the blue border frames it well.......have fun with your new plans.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spools are so cheerful -- and congratulations on winning the fabric bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spools. I need to make a quilt like this too! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful scrappy spool quilt! I've been wanting to make one of those for awhile now. How big are the blocks? Congrats on winning the fabric bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your Spool quilt! Amazing what you can do with such a simple block! Congratulations on your win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spool quilt is scrappily beautiful. If you ever tire of it I have one that would keep good company in addition to being loved on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the scrappy spool quilt! Congrats on the great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish. I have a spool quilt that needs its border completed. I need to get it in the queue for my OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! On the spools finish, which is just lovely, and on the win too! I like the look of that house quilt also. And the birdhouses are very cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on a very fun finish! The Primitive Garden blocks are very fun and so pretty. Happy stitching on your new project. That house quilt is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! Well done on a wonderful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of good things happening here. Great finish on your spools quilt. And then to win some fabric from a pattern you like! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am drawn to house quilt designs. This looks like a good one. And it has some blue fabrics which you use a lot of.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your spools quilt is scrappylicious! Congratulations on your fab finish on behalf of the global FAL 2017 hosts!

    ReplyDelete