It took a lot of "nose to the grindstone" appliqueing, but I managed to stay focused (and not start any new projects)--resulting in a finished Cherry Basket quilt!
|Cherry Baskets designed by Bonnie Sullivan of All Through the Night|
I made 18 blocks (a deviation from the pattern) so my quilt measures approximately 60" by 77".
|It was fun to make, although putting the blocks together was a little like sewing fabric Jello--every edge was on the bias! Quilting it was lots of fun though.|
|The continuous curve quilting in the baskets was very quick. I thought the light triangles at the top of each basket looked a bit like a doilies, so I did some loops in them to make them seem lacy. I didn't do any quilting in the appliques--just outlined with monopoly.|
|The new placement of my machine is working out great--much better lighting from the windows and above!|
|Red binding just for fun.|
|One thing that was a little stressful was squaring up the top after quilting. There aren't a lot of parallel seams to use a check points, but I think I finally got it--whew!|
This shows you how big these baskets are--I was pretty surprised when I first started putting them together! My design wall is almost filled with Cherry Baskets!
Cherry Baskets was my One Monthly Goal for February HERE and also was my chosen project for Bea and Cecile's Basket Sew-A-Long HERE