Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February Goal

I've decided that my February One Monthly Goal will be my Cherry Baskets quilt. I'm not sure I will be able to get it quilted, but if I get it all together, that would be awesome. 

You can see in the background of this photo that my quilting machine is kind of unavailable for use right now--part of the big re-organization mess I've made for myself. Another goal that I have ASAP is to finally sort through these baskets of scraps. I think it was a goal I had over a year ago too, but it never happened. 


It may be time to start a second 2.5" square container--I can't get the lid to stay on this one!  
One thing I've accomplished already this month it to make a pressing surface for this chest--thank you Mr. Home Depot man (and Mr. Moosebay!).  It's not quite "regulation" big board size, but fits my space nicely and I was able to eliminate my ironing board which I've been wanting to do for ages. It seems much better to have a pressing area with storage and a smarter use of my small sewing real estate! 

Having the Cherry Baskets to stitch on has been a blessing when the standing in one place pressing and cutting scraps gets to be too much!

Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE
Take me to the OMG February Link-up!

19 comments:

  1. I love your new ironing board. How cool is that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Baskets is going to be BEAUTIFUL and love your new pressing station. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ironing center--I'm in a really small spot, too so I can see how putting the old board away (with those legs always in the way) would give you a lot more space...
    Love those cherry baskets...Watching liftoff of Falcon 9 right now--amazing!!on tv)
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ironing station, what a great cupboard, perfect draw for rulers etc and storage underneath, far better than an ironing board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time you show your cherry baskets I love it more. I have a very small real estate spot too, and I have the ol' ironing board. That's a great use of the beautiful chest. Yay, for Mr. Moosebay. I can't believe how many 2.5" squares you have tucked away. Have fun(snicker) with the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cherry baskets are so delightful! Can't get enough of them.
    What a smart use of your storage chest. I'd love to eliminate my ironing board, but I don't have a cool chest to cover with a pressing surface.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with that organizing! I'm slogging through some of that myself. (argh)
    That ironing surface is terrific! With the storage underneath, it's the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your ironing station! Can Mr Moosebay come and make me one??😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE those cherry baskets!!! I want one so bad but I don't know if I would have the patience to applique all those berries. I am so tempted to buy the pattern though. I will be watching your progress with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sewing table!!! It's now circulating on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your baskets - waiting on my pattern!!! You will enjoy the ironing board. When we added another room to the Studio I have mine which is sitting on top of my elfa units. I love it. I used to try to iron my quilting with ironing board and had problems until I realized it should not be padded! Lesson learned Nice bucket of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your blue version of the Cherry Baskets pattern better than the original quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it every time you show these baskets. Your colours are lovely and I look forward to seeing the blocks completed and together. (No Pressure!)
    Can't get over the number of squares you have cut and ready. So organised.
    Good luck with all your organising and sorting in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cherry baskets are sooo beautiful ! Congratulations on your work !
    I love a lot your little space for ironing ! So beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow !!! it's beautiful and so lovely,i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply gorgeous cherry baskets, I can taste them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cherry baskets is such a bright and cheerful project ; just lovely!

    ReplyDelete