Sunday, May 29, 2016

Slow!

I'm not sure if it was the cellulitis infection or the medication I had to take to clear it up, but it seems the "write-side" of my brain shut down for a while. Lesson learned: be very careful treating small cuts and bug bites! Thank goodness for the nurses in my life--thanks again Miriam and Nancy!
I'm going to try to get back to blog posting after a month of avoiding my computer--here goes:
At least I didn't lose my sewing mojo! My May UFO, Devils' Claw, is complete--yippee!

It's probably difficult to see the quilting, but I used my clam shell ruler to quilt the top with an orange peel design.
I had intended to just do a simple meander, but somehow this design won out and I'm really happy with how it looks on all that piecing.

Look at all the pink prints I was able to use up on the back--yay!
(More room for incoming fabrics!)

This was a really fun one to make--labor intensive, but worth it (except for those pesky square in a square segments!). And it was a good way to use lots of those fat quarters that seem to pile up. The pattern is from the book Civil War Remembered by the Country Threads ladies.
(Yes, I still need to get those bedding plants in the ground!)

At least I get to check another UFO off my 2016 Finish-A-Long list

I would say I've been hard at work on the three inch blocks for Lisa's Flower Garden, but really, these aren't work. They have been very addictive and so much fun to stitch. 

I only have nine of them left--perfect for some Slow Sunday Stitching!
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
and One Monthly Goal HERE
Slow Sunday Stitchinggrab button for RedLetterQuilts2016 button 250 best

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on a terrific finish! Very cool quilting idea!
    Enjoy your tiny hand stitched blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Devil's claw quilt is fabulous!! I love that block pattern! Your quilting is wonderful and I love the fabrics you used. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything thing about your wonderful finish. And I am so glad you are better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you back. You must be feeling better. The clam shell quilting pattern is great. It just glows over all those little pieces. I like the look of the quilt without borders. It a fabulous finish for May. Lisa's Flower Garden is definitely appropriate for spring. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love. I have never seen devils claw before but I love it. WELL DONE. I found your blog on slow stitching.
    Kathleen Mary
    https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed your posts Karen and I'm glad you are back! So sorry to hear that you have been feeling so unwell and I am glad you are starting to feel better! Beautiful photographs of some delightful quilts! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your posts and marvel at how much you get done. I have missed them and am so glad that you are feeling better. Your stitching on Lisa's Flower Garden blocks is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Devil's Claw is beautiful!! Love the quilting and the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all those little flower blocks. Not a pattern I have and I am going to try resist adding one to my pattern stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to add that I am glad you are feeling better and back to posting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, and I really like the way that you quilted it too. Thank heaven you didn't lose your mojo! And the pieced backing is great too. I've got one that I'll be piecing shortly so this is great inspiration. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to blog-land lol! Congrats on a beautiful finish, front and backside too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen - I'm glad you are back blogging! I was getting concerned for you - I saw that bug bite at GL. Glad you are on the mend. Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see your doing better and love all those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have wondered how you were doing. Missed your lovely posts. Glad you are on the mend. Sounds like nasty stuff.
    The Devils Claw quilt turned out just great! I'd love to see how you used the clamshell ruler to get that design.
    Your little flower blocks are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Look at all those lovely flowers! So pretty. Glad you're feeling better. Congrats on another spectacular UFO finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great finish! Devil's claw is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh, be still my heart! Your scrappy claws give me the chills! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad you are feeling better!!! And this quilt.....gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Devils' Claw quilt. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete