Thursday, January 21, 2016

Stress!

The bad thing about procrastinating, is the stress you feel when your deadlines draw near. I always tell myself that I will get things done well in advance, but you already know that I'm easily distracted!
I should be packing for a retreat that starts on Sunday, but I don't want to fall behind on the 365 Block Challenge just yet--only 344 more blocks to go!!

I have finished quilting and binding my UFO for January (I'll share photos when I get back from retreat), so to reward myself I did the embellishments on the first Let It Snow block from Buttermilk Basin. I know I am going to love this Sew Along! 

My friend Sandi and I are doing our own Sew Along. At a sew-in on Tuesday we set up the backgrounds for our Primitive Gatherings Crazy Table Mats. She is doing Summer Crazy and I am doing Flower Garden Crazy. When we finish, we plan to swap patterns--fun!
I am sooooo itching to fuse a few flowers onto the mat and so some stitching, but I know I better finish my retreat  packing or my stress level will be sky high! 
Well, maybe just one flower first....

10 comments:

  1. Oh, no! We all know what one flower leads to. : )
    Your snowman is very cute--still trying hard to resist that project!
    You have done a beautiful job on your background mat. Fun idea for a SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving BB Mystery--I printed out Block One--I have some wool hiding somewhere--hopefully enough to do this little beauty....so cute hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Buttermilk Basin block... that snowman is so cute! Have a fabulous time at your retreat...looking forward to seeing your January UFO! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you are making progress and enjoying the journey as you go. That's the way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hope you have fun....I am one for waiting til the last minute as well...you would think we would learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue you chose for your letter on the BB blick. It is going to be so darned cute. I admire you for taking on those tiny 365 blocks. They will be really nice at the end of the year. I know I couldn't keep up :-(. Have fun at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so busy! How do you manage to keep up?
    The blocks are looking great and the Let It Snow piece is wonderful. Can't wait to see the table mats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the retreat will help with the stress though:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blue challenge blocks look wonderful and sew precise ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete