Sunday, January 31, 2016

Quilt Camp Accomplishments

It took several retreats, but I finally finished my Devil's Claw blocks--yay!
These will go together to make the cover quilt from Civil War Remembered by the Country Threads ladies. The pattern in the book calls for 30 blocks, but I wanted mine to be a bit larger, so I made 42 blocks. This project will probably have wait to be put together until April when I will be at quilt camp again.

It took almost the entire retreat to finish those Devil's Claw blocks, but on the last day I was able to work on some Fractured blocks. These were very fun to make-- a lot less labor intensive than a Devil's Claw block, for sure and a much better stash burner! 

You probably knew that I couldn't resist putting all of the flowers on my Flower Garden Crazy mat
I won't be doing the stitching on it for a while, though.
 I am still doing my Slow Stitching on How Does Your Garden Grow, but I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing what little progress I've made on that project!

Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
 

16 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* your flower garden crazy mat!! It's wonderful! I don't know how you're resisting stitching on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Denise on the flower garden mat. And I would have to start on the stitching immediately. I guess that is why so many people have UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fractured quilt is the kind of piecing I like to do. After all, we are suppose to be having fun and not beating ourselves up. Your flower mat is lovely. Just remember we are all slow stitchers so we can appreciate the bits of progress we make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Devil's Claw blocks are wonderful!
    The fractured blocks look like they were fun to piece.
    LOVE your beautiful wool flowers on that lovely mat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first read your comment about your flowers I read PULLING not putting. And my hopes were you had whipped stitched not fused them. When I saw your prepping for retreat post and realized my error. Your background fabrics are lovely. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are amazing! They will be so cheerful to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are fabulous Karen and your Flower Garden Crazy mat is just wonderful! Glad you had a nice retreat! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The floral wool mat is beautiful. And I think I have the book you made the Devil's Claw blocks from. I need to look through the book. Haven't done that in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower mat is awesome and I love the devil's claw blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic blocks. The Fractured blocks look super fun and the Devil's Claws will make a beautiful quilt. Looks like your camp time was very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Retreats are a great opportunity to get lots done! I think I need a retreat too... I love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Devil's Claws blocks! Those colors! Must be such fun to go to a retreat, looks like you spent your time well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Devil's Claw blocks look great! I love that quilt.
    Oh, once you have the flowers fused how do you resist stitching? You are a strong woman!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a very productive retreat. Your flower garden mat is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a very productive retreat. Your flower garden mat is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete