|You can find the instructions for Tucker HERE. |
I made a few changes to my project:
I decided to use a thin piece of flannel as batting since I was doing some hand quilting.
Also, my single fold bias binding was cut at 1.25" and I used a scant quarter inch seam to attach it. I think a narrow binding looks nice on small items and the single fold stays softer and "drape-y".
After a tea-dye treatment and a spin in the dryer, I used a fine grit sandpaper and lightly sanded over the top puckering and the binding edges--just enough to soften the look of the fabric and make it look a little "timeworn". It's very subtle. I learned about the sanding technique from my friend Anne and have done it on a couple other little quilts.
This Dutch doll quilt is the first project I sanded. It's not hugely noticeable, but does soften the fabrics.
There's no batting, and there's a knife edge finish rather than binding on this one.
|Once Tucker was finished, it was a hunt and peck mission to decide where to tuck him.|
Maybe in the jug next to the chicken...
|....or in the firkin by the the Crow...|
|...or hanging out with these Pie Birds..|
|...or tucked in the drawer under the rest of the Pie Birds...|
|...the Sandpiper has already claimed another Pam Buda Pocket Patchwork, "Busy Work" , so Tucker can't go here...|
|...maybe in the Apple Bowl....|
|...or on the bookshelf with the cats...|
|.....I think Yo Yo Monkey wins---look at that smile--he loves it!|