Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Sunny Day!!

Gosh, it's been so long since we've had a sunny morning! I'm amazed at how much brighter my sewing room is (and how much dust there is!) when we have a clear day. I'm hoping to get some machine quilting done today now that I can see what I'm doing.

On Monday night, we had the delightful Gudrun Erla as our speaker. She had taught a class earlier in the day and did a wonderful presentation/trunk show at our evening meeting. She is so funny and charming--if you get a chance to meet her, you won't be sorry! She brought along pieces from her fabric lines (Red Rooster) at a super price and gave everyone at the meeting a copy of one of her books which she graciously signed if desired.I've decided Gudrun is aging in reverse--she looks younger now than when she was our guild speaker almost 10 years ago!

These are some of the class participants and what they completed in class earlier that day. 

Oop--I cut off Mary!
I love hers and Dawn's runners--looks like American Jane fabrics were used. 

Gorgeous quilting on Gudrun's Round Robin quilt done by Angela Walters.
 I was really bad at getting photos of our show and tell--I didn't even think to do it until half way through the show, but I did get a few that turned out.
Awesome tree hanging.

Karla showed us some of the quilts that will be in the Cherrywood booth at Market.



Googly Eyes is pretty fun!
This fun Yellow Brick Road will be a gift.

Ed showed a QOV presented to his father-in-law that day. 

Char has come over to the scrappy side!

A beautiful dignity quilt bound for the nursing home.
Our guild makes them to cover the body of the deceased when they are taken from the building instead of using a body bag in view of the family.


1 comment:

  1. Tons of inspiration....what wonderful projects, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete