Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter!

I haven't had a lot of time to post, so I thought I'd do a quick little show of some of my wooly Easter projects from the past. 
Little penny mat--I think those are deviled eggs!

If I remember correctly, this was a pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens Quilt magazine.
All of the wooden rabbits in the photos were purchased at craft stores as bare wood. I painted them with acrylic paints--most of them are dated 1993 on the bottoms. I thinned the paints a lot and applied washes of color so they aren't glossy.

This is a Brandywine pattern from one of Linda Hohag's books.
I used a Wildflower's variegated pearl cotton for the buttonhole stitching.

I think this little picture was from a Need'l Love book.
A velveteen rabbit is helping to hold it up!

Another Need'l Love book pattern--love the cabbages!
I hope your Easter baskets will be filled with treats!

3 comments:

  1. I think those are hard boiled eggs too. And I Iike the design. You have many, many bunnies. In all mediums. I like how you painted some with the thinned paints. I would not have thought of that but certainly like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Easter sewing treats and sweet wooden rabbits - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get these free xbox live gold codes and explore the best gaming over xbox.

    ReplyDelete