Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cabin Fever??

Over at Lilypad Quilting, it was asked what we do when Cabin Fever sets in and you are feeling a little crazed. 
Aurifil thread box
It was suggested that you could use your empty Aurifil box to make a nifty tent.
Hmmm...I'm not so sure about that.... 

But I happen to know that my empty Aurifil spools make a pretty awesome vehicle!  
Making blocks for a good cause helps cure the fever--these are for our guild and will go into a Habitat for Humanity quilt eventually. I managed to squeak out 4 blocks from my little kit that was handed out at this month's meeting. 

And if you are REALLY feverish, you can go through your quilts and find the ones that still need labels.
Glad I can check that off my to-do list!
Head over to the Lilypad for more cures!

6 comments:

  1. Awww, I love that vehicle! I need to make one for Padsworth and Dragondrop! They could even decorate it! Hehee!
    Thank you so much for partying with us, and spreading the word for folks to come and see our linky party!
    Snoodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your labels - and your quilt backs! How come I never can find fabrics like those? sigh ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to find new ways to make labels. So much of the time I think I have to sit down and design it and then embroider it. It takes so long I sometimes don't get it done for weeks or months. I need a better plan. Love your red/pink blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute racer. Excellent idea to check for labels. I am a huge believer of labeling, but occassionally one sneaks thru.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the only true cure for cabin fever is to get on a plane and fly to someplace warm and sunny. Oh how I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would need to finish some of my UFO's before I could put the labels on though. he he. :)

    ReplyDelete