Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I've been back from quilt camp for a few days and have a lot of quilty photos to share! 
I'm not sure where to begin, so I think I will work backwards......
Last night Sandi and I attended the Kaffe Fassett lecture at Grubers. 
He was very charming and funny!
The lecture was on color and he showed tons of gorgeous photos that he uses as inspiration.

Notice he is wearing a shirt made from his fabric. The collar and cuffs were lined with his paperweight fabric. He had red pants on that matched the stripe--a stylin' guy!
After the lecture he answered questions and did a book signing.
He is on a US tour, so if you get a chance to see Kaffe's Color Lecture, GO!!

The very first thing I did when I got home from retreat was to start pulling fabrics for my next quilt--you can probably guess from the blues and grays what it will be????

After I got that out of my system, I finished putting this top together. I got most of it done at camp, and I'm SO glad I won't have to take along again. This project has been in my retreat tub for about 2 years.
The pattern is Ring of Stars from the J/F 2011 issue of McCalls Quilting.
Can you see the rings? Squint a little...
It used up a lot of red scraps and I think it will be a nice Christmas quilt--if I get it quilted in time!

After I finished getting Ring of Stars together, I actually pieced a back and the binding for it AND put the borders on my Quiet Time top AND made a back and the binding for that--whew!
Now I can have some fun with these Pie in the Sky blocks that I also managed to finish at camp--sooooo happy to have these done!

You can see from the cover of the book above that the sashings and borders are all made from these squares.
I guess it will be a few days before I get to dig into that pile of fabrics I pulled out for my newest endeavor
More to come soon!
It's looks like a clear sunny day, so no sewing today--work to do in the garden.

2 comments:

  1. It's no wonder I love your blog so much. You have the most beautiful fabrics and quilt blocks! I love, love, love the red and green fabric in the front of your last photo. How fun to meet and learn from Kaffe Fassett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just wandering through blogs this lovely Saturday. Your post reminds me that I marked "Pie in the Sky" to make way too long ago. Love the fabrics you've used (saw the completed top in another post). I think this needs to go to the top of my list to get ready for a sewing weekend coming up.
    I'll second what Nancy wrote. You work with beautiful fabrics and quilt blocks. There's always something interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete