Friday, April 5, 2013

Here I Go Again

Hat Trick
Just when I was catching up on some things, I decide to add another project to the list! 
Sherri and Sinta have been hosting a Schnibbles Sew Along for several years, and it's always fun to see the end results each month. So far, I had resisted sewing along, but you know I have a pile of Charm Packs waiting to be turned into something. I will be using the Chambray Chateau pack that I won last month from the Sentimental Quilter (she has another give away going on through this weekend). 

I purchased half yards of a couple coordinates the last time I went shopping at the Old Country Store
Good think too, since there aren't enough charms in this pack to make Hat Trick
and most of them are lights. 


In my last post, there was a problem with the link to the Twisted Hexagons tutorial from Janet M. Davies of New Zealand. I think I have fixed it on the original post, but just in case you missed it, here it the direct link to a printable PDF:

One of my eBay listings
On Sunday I finally got around to doing some eBay listings of a few things from my pile of stuff that has got to go. Somehow I ended up with doubles of books (I guess that means that they are really good?) and some FQ's that I am not going to use. I'm hoping to add new items every week to whittle down the pile I have going in the corner of my sewing room.

Later this Spring I'm hoping to be motivated enough to rearrange my sewing room. Now that I've been in here for a while, I'm rethinking how I set things up. I also want to paint my shelving white, so I will have to wait for the temps to warm up so I can do that in the garage--I don't want to mess up my new wood flooring! That's why I need to weed out some things--oh, and to make room for new stuff like this:

I can't wait to get my hands on this book!!

The Blue and the Gray: Quilt Patterns for Civil War Fabrics
A new book from the Country Threads ladies.
You can pre-order it now from Amazon:
The Blue and the Gray: Quilt Patterns for Civil War Fabrics
I've already ordered and paid for my copy!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so glad that you didn't resist any longer! AYOS: Vintage Schnibbles is going to be so fun and even better with you sewing along! I really like that book. I'm going to have to go check it out! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

  2. thanks for the 'heads up' on the Blue and Grey quilt book...I ordered mine! More projects....we must be out of our minds!
    sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are going to join in with Vintage Schnibbles! I preordered the Country Threads book a couple weeks ago. I'm waiting for it, too!

    ReplyDelete