Saturday, January 12, 2013

Retreat Time!

FYI: I will be out of the "office" next week!

Helen Thorn (Pine Tree Lodge Designs) invited me to her annual winter retreat next Monday through Thursday. It is being held at the Keepsakes Cabin in Deerwood, MN. I've heard nice things about the Cabin, so I am looking forward to checking it out for myself. I've been busy dusting and oiling my machine, packing projects, and I even cleaned my the starch gunk off of my travel iron.
Check out those chairs! 
Yesterday I got my A Bountiful Life (aka The Courting Quilt) back from the Old Country Store in Intercourse, PA. As a consolation prize, they let me know they would be sending me a gift certificate and some charm packs of Jo Morton fabric along with the quilt.

I expected a few charm packs--not 42! 

I think I will be making a lot of Schnibbles quilts with these! 

By the way, when my little quilt was chosen by Andover as a Wednesday feature, this what they sent me:
A fat quarter pack from the Alexandria line--very pretty! 


 They also sent me one of their famous Schoolhouse bags.
Andover makes these to hand out at every 
schoolhouse they have at Market.  The bags are made from whatever designer is doing the schoolhouse, so you could end up with a big collection of Andover bags if you attend all of their sessions. I'm not sure who designed this fabric.
 The bags is lined with a fourth fabric and has an embroidered pocket . 
 If you go to a Jo Morton schoolhouse, you will get a bag made from her fabric. 

I got this bag a few years ago when I was lucky enough to attend Market.
I've been tempted to take it apart and use that lining fabric! 

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! What a haul! You earned it though.
    I would probably cut the fabric out of the bag and use it. If you're like me you've got plenty of bags waiting in the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 42 charm packs!! Wahoo!! I am sure you will put all that fabric to good use :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt was my favorite! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete