Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Since it is SO cold today, it's a good day to start putting away some of the Christmas things that are gathering dust. I thought I would show you a few of my Christmas quilts before they go back into the chest where they will be stored until later this year.

My little gingerbread boy corner. The embroidered wall hanging on the ottoman, the 9 patch over the back of the chair, and the little pillow are all from an old Indygo Junction pattern.  The big quilt over the arm of the chair is adapted from  Pat Sloan's pattern " I Believe" in the book Folksy Favorites (and a block or two from her book Quilt the Seasons).
Close up of the nine patch gingerbread boys.  It's a pretty old quilt, but I love their little button eyes.

I Believe usually gets hung, but I didn't get around to it this year.
 I substituted gingerbread boys for the angel block at the top center and the poinsettia block in the lower right corner.
They are trimmed with rickrack icing.
Hmmm...it seems like I should like gingerbread, but I don't. 
This is my favorite Christmas quilt--the bull's eye.
It's so soft and cuddly--made from all homespun's for  extra raveling. 
A little peek of my Gail Pan Christmas quilt from a free pattern on her blog a while back. 

This is another favorite--Peppermint Twist-- I think from Thimbleberries. It's made with all Thimbleberries fabrics--I love the holly toile and bought a ton of it. The background is a tan snowman toile--so cute! This quilt is always displayed over the back of our sofa.
And a little glimpse of my Five and Dime quilt in the tub--I love the border print used between the chunky pieced strips. 

It's a good thing this is hanging at the quilt shop--I'm not sure where I would have put it if it was at home.
I hope to be a better holiday decorator in 2013! 
Wishing all of you a happy and healthy New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful quilts my favorite is the bulls eye too, the colors are wonderful
    the last quilt is beautiful oh yes you need to hang that one next year for sure.
    Happy New Year!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snapchat is very popular and yes indeed very interesting photo sharing app. But how about if you get a tool to hack any snapchat account you want. Yes visit the portal and explore the tool which can hack snapchat accounts in seconds. That sounds great and works like charm. Hack snapchat account and get access to pictures and get all related information in few seconds hacking someones snapchat , yes this has been made possible by the snaphack tool installed on the mentioned portal. Visit to get hack for snapchat and explore more functionalities of snapchat for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Explore full functionality of online xbox gaming. Get access to live xbox gold codes in unlimited amount. SOUNDS GREAT! Yes these xbox codes are unused and authentic. Get access to them without spending a penny. Good to get real working xbox codes. This is made possible by the mentioned portal. It has xbox codes generator installed which can generate free xbox live gold codes and also get free membership for xbox gaming. Its all wonderful and awesome.

    ReplyDelete